Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome to my kitchen!

Full disclosure: I am not Hungry Will. Hungry Will is the mascot of my theater company, the Adirondack Shakespeare Company. He's just funny. And hungry.

I am writing this first post because my very best friend posted on my Facebook wall that I should have a food blog. With pictures. Kthanksbye. And I have been harboring this very desire. So - here it is.

Here is my kitchen. I know, I know ... it's big "for a New York kitchen." But I dream of a large, spacious kitchen. With counter space. And an island. And one of those hanging pot racks. In the meantime, however, we make do with a stove that doesn't work (we have a convection oven and one of those hot plate things). We do have a dishwasher though. So I shouldn't complain.
Oven on the busted oven.

It stores wine now.
I don't get to spend as much time in my kitchen as I'd like. The last few weeks I've been making it a point. Cooking and baking is really relaxing for me. And as a graduate student two years into a doctoral program and the Artistic Director of a theater company, there's just not enough time in the day for cooking elaborate simple meals.

So here's what to expect:

  • Occasional posts. I'm a grad student with basically a full time job, right? Right.
  • Tasty things. But I'm not a chef. No culinary training. Just good genes and about seven years in my own kitchen.
  • Inexact measurements. Self-explanatory.
  • Shakespeare quotes. It's what I do.
  • A goofball attitude. Because I'm a goof.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment