Saturday, May 5, 2012

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Goodbye, spring semester 2012!

My last post was on January 27 - how sad! But now the semester is (almost) over, maybe I will start posting a bit more often. Maybe.

I did a cleanse last week and shed a little over 6 pounds. I know, I know, it's not a healthy way to lose weight really quickly and deprive your body of nutrients. But it's not like I didn't eat. I ate most fruits and vegetables, and when I felt like I needed a little balance of carbs or protein, I ate some! It was actually great for me, because it forced me to stop ordering take out (the bane and simultaneous ninth wonder of my existence) and actually consume some fresh produce. It's carried over since last week too, so I'm calling it a win-win situation.

Anyhow, I'm sticking to healthy breakfasts. I need brain energy for paper-writing. And since I ordered my stick blender, I've been drinking smoothies pretty often. They're so easy! Here's a new one since strawberry season has begun.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

  • 1 frozen banana, sliced
  • 1/2 - 1 c sliced strawberries
  • 1 - 1/4 c almond milk

My stick blender came with a handy dandy cup, but you could also use a large 4 c glass measuring cup to mix, or mix in a regular blender if that's what you've got. Toss it all in and mix! I love, love, love frozen bananas. They don't water down your smoothie like using crushed ice cubes does, and they give the smoothie such an amazing texture. Just like a milkshake.


Happy Blending! And sorry for the horrifying "Photo Booth" picture, but I wanted to have at least one picture in this post -- even if it's horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment